Saturday, March 21, 2015

Now I Want A Rowing Machine Like Frank Underwood.

Cant... Stop...Reading!

Oh heavens. Some books are good for dipping an oar in occasionally, others are a full-on sprint to the finish, chest heaving, pulling for the good guys for all you're worth.  The Boys in the Boat is one of the latter.  I finished it today to the exclusion of all else.  It details the 1936 University of Washington crew team and their journey to Hitler's Olympics where they may or may not have wiped the smug grin out from under his silly mustache.  It's like Hoosiers and Chariots of Fire had a baby and it grew up to be even more awesome.  Amazon has the Kindle edition for $2.99, which is the equivalent of getting a Ruth's Chris fillet from the dollar menu - eyes closed, head back, groan-filled mouth-watering goodness for couch change.  Now I need to go rearrange my furniture to fit a rowing machine so I can work off my stress like Frank Underwood from House of Cards - only without all the creepiness.

Men... and machines.

No comments:

Post a Comment