Wednesday, May 6, 2015

DMV: The Dark Abyss.

Ran full-tilt into the concrete ennui of bureaucracy at the DMV today.  It was soul-crushing and probably my fault for walking through the door with a heart full of high expectations. After 90 minutes of earnestly doing nothing they finally shrugged and told me I'd have to "call Raleigh" which is code for "spend  45 minutes blistering your ear and raising your blood pressure until your heart struggles to beat while they transfer you to 3 different departments then dead-end you into someone's voice mail while they laugh and discuss last night's episode of The Bachelor."  I shuffled out through the deflated remains of my expectations into the normal world of bright sunshine, surprised that birds were still chirping and trees continued to sway in the light breeze while behind me a smug kingdom of callous, bored automatons laid unfettered waste to all the humanity within their grasp. Here's some of my favorite memes to sum up the experience:

























No comments:

Post a Comment